- This website is a focal point for credible, scientific information about goji juice and goji berries (also known as wolfberry).
- As a trained and experienced journalist (and gardener and farmer) I have researched good companies offering organic goji juice and goji berries for sale.
- Learn more in the Buying Goji Juice section.
Recommended Company to Buy Organic Goji Juice and Berries:
After many hours of research over 8 years I now recommend buying goji berries and juice from The California Academy of Health:
- Better Business Bureau Accredited, with 0 complaints against in 15 years of business
- Rated 9.17 / 10 with over 120 reviews at ResellerRatings.com
- Excellent prices, with volume discounts
- USDA Certified Organic goji juice and berries, ensuring quality and authenticity.
- 100% Refund Guarantee
- 15% off for new customers
- Free Shipping deals in U.S., & Worldwide Shipping
To learn more about goji berries, continue reading below…
What’s the Deal With Goji?
Goji berries are reputed to have significant natural anti-aging properties, and in the past few years this has been tested in the laboratory and there is some scientific data available. The berries (like most berries) are also high in nutrients and antioxidants and contain numerous highly beneficial agents. Although goji juice and goji berries have been a large part of traditional Asian cuisine and medicine for countless generations, they did not make their way to the West until just recently, and have only now begun to make their way into the mainstream.
There have been many scientific studies carried out on different aspects of the Lycium species (goji’s latin name), with some truly interesting results.
Scientists have been attracted to numerous things about the goji berry, including its unparelled nutritional qualities in terms of vitamin, mineral and protein content, as well as its extremely high antioxidant levels and other unique cancer fighting and anti-aging attributes. You can learn more about studies carried out on the berries and find some general information in our Goji Juice Research section.
The history of goji juice and goji berries is hidden in a shroud of hype presently. Despite the marketing hoopla, there is good reason for the long-standing love of the berry in Asia and elsewhere. Indeed, in their native areas it is true that there are actually yearly celebrations held in goji’s honor (a yearly festival is held in August in Ningxia, China, where most of the world’s commercial berries are grown).
Information from this website has been gathered from credible sources such as iVillage Garden Web, the Plants for a Future database, the United States Department of Agriculture and the PubMed Medical Database.
This MailChimp shortcode is now deprecated. Please insert the new shortcode to display this form.