- This website is a focal point for credible, scientific information about goji juice and goji berries.
- As a trained and experienced journalist (and gardener and farmer) I have researched good companies offering organic goji juice and goji berries for sale.
- Learn more in the Buying Goji Juice section, or, to cut to the chase, I recommend buying goji juice and berries from:
The California Academy of Health (CAOH)
After researching several companies selling goji juice and berries (ruling out quite a few as I dug deeper), I recommend purchasing from The California Academy of Health:
- Accredited with the Better Business Bureau, with 0 complaints against it in its 15 years of operation
- Exceptionally high rating with over 120 reviews (9.17 / 10) at ResellerRatings.com, a site that allows customers to rate businesses.
- Excellent prices compared to other companies
- USDA Certified Organic goji juice and berries, the only kind you should buy to ensure quality and authenticity.
Go here and do a search on their website for goji juice or goji berries and select the right product for you.
To learn more about goji berries, continue reading below…
What’s the Deal With Goji?
Goji berries are reputed to have significant natural anti-aging properties, and in the past few years this has been tested in the laboratory and there is some scientific data available. The berries (like most berries) are also high in nutrients and antioxidants and contain numerous highly beneficial agents. Although goji juice and goji berries have been a large part of traditional Asian medicine for countless generations, they did not make their way to the West until just recently, and have only now begun to make their way into the mainstream.
If you’ve done any research on goji juice you’re sure to have heard some pretty outrageous claims that may seem a bit on the unbelievable side. We don’t intend to make any such claims here, only to give you the facts about goji juice straight up. There have been many scientific studies carried out on different aspects of the Lycium species (goji’s latin name), with some truly interesting results.
Scientists have been attracted to numerous things about the goji berry, including its unparelled nutritional qualities in terms of vitamin, mineral and protein content, as well as its extremely high antioxidant levels and other unique cancer fighting and anti-aging attributes. You can learn more about studies carried out on the berries and find some general information in our Goji Juice Research section.
The history of goji juice and goji berries is hidden in a shroud of hype presently. The story goes that for thousands of years the berries have been known in traditional Asian medicine to have highly beneficial healing properties. Indeed, in their native areas it is true that there are actually yearly celebrations held in goji’s honor (a yearly festival is held in August in Ningxia, China, where most of the world’s commercial berries are grown). To learn more about the rising popularity of goji juice throughout the West and the rest of the world, and more general information to help you decide whether or not to invest in goji berries, check out our Goji Juice Story section.
Information from this website has been gathered from credible sources such as iVillage Garden Web, the Plants for a Future database, the United States Department of Agriculture and the PubMed Medical Database.